Educational Excellence to the Glory of God
Nurturing students in Christ-like living, critical thinking and joyful service to be faithful citizens in God's world.
Statement of Philosophical Foundation
Pacific Christian School is committed to a Christian program of instruction that helps children to gain a true Biblical perspective of who they are, and prepares them for a life of dedication and service to God, which will be the best preparation for a life of fullness and joy. By developing a sense of goal-directedness, coupled with skills of self-discipline and self-evaluation, children will be equipped to develop their talents and gifts to their fullest God-given potential.
For more information you can download the Constitution of the Victoria Christian Education Society
Pacific Christian School enrolls more than 900 students from Pre-School through grade 12. This represents nearly 600 families from a wide variety of churches. Currently about 100 Victoria area churches are represented in the school system.
Within an atmosphere of love and belonging, PCS, as a Christian community of learners, seeks to understand relationships and live them in light of and informed by God’s Word. We acknowledge the diversity within our community and the uniqueness with which God has created each of us. (Psalm 139:13-16) In love (1 John 4:18, 19) and obedience, we embrace the breadth of being the ‘new humanity in Christ’, and this is reflected in how we treat all of our students (Gal. 3:28). We promote and encourage attitudes and behaviours that reflect the mission and aims of PCS. We welcome students as diverse as the people of God and strive to create an environment in which all students feel safe to engage in respectful conversation in the pursuit of truth as we seek to be formed and reformed by God’s Word.
As Christian teachers and parents, we recognize that each student is a unique creation of God, with differences in abilities and in ways of learning. The instructional program aims to respect each student's individuality and seeks to empower each student in the recognition and use of his or her gifts.
Pacific Christian School is also a community where we learn to live together in ways which reflect the love that Christ has shown for us.
Our objectives are based on a heart commitment to Jesus Christ within the framework of the Society's statement of beliefs. The educational objectives for the student are to lead him/her to:
- Love God with his/her whole heart.
- Love his/her neighbor as him/herself (participate positively and graciously in interpersonal and community relationships as a demonstration of love to God.
- Love him/herself in the sense that she/he:
- has a maturing sense of his/her individual value as an image bearer of God.
- demonstrates a continuing attempt to humbly and believingly commit him/herself to Christ in all things and to experience the reality of his promised presence.
- sets goals for the use of time and talents which promote the fulfillment of his/her calling to serve God in everything.
- uses his/her body and mind as valuable possessions which belong to God and are instruments for the service of God in all life's activities.
- God, the Father almighty, Creator of heaven and earth;
- Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord;
- the Holy Spirit;
- the holy universal church;
- the communion of saints;
- the forgiveness of sins;
- the resurrection of the body;
- and the life everlasting.
To develop skills in:
- Reading and understanding written materials.
- Using the numerical processes.
- Understanding, using and enjoying God's creation.
- Thinking clearly about the world from Biblical presuppositions.
- Forming valid judgments from a Biblical perspective.
- Expressing self clearly and effectively in speech and writing.
- Implementing opportunities to serve God in all areas of life.
Cardus Education Survey
When people ask about our alumni - where they are and how they are doing - we like to refer them to the Cardus Education Survey. It's not a PCS specific document but it gives a great overview of graduates from non-government schools. We have attached the survey report but you are encouraged to visit the Cardus website for more information, free downloads and to support their work.