The Pacific Christian School community includes approximately 900 students and over 140 staff on two campuses in one of Canada’s most beautiful communities.
Pacific Christian School seeks to create a community characterized by the presence of Shalom. That is a place where students, staff and others flourish as they are active participants in God’s story. Our mission is to nurture students in Christ-like living, critical thinking and joyful service to be faithful citizens in God’s world.
Our work is guided by our Guiding Education Principles:
We believe that Christian Education at PCS should be:
- Rooted in Belonging.
- and Service Oriented.
1. World History 12 Teacher – April 19 – June 23, 2021
We are seeking a teacher for World History 12, which will be offered in the fourth quarter of the current school year. This is a half-day (afternoons) position. The anticipated term is April 19 – June 23, 2021. The ideal candidate will possess:
- vibrant Christian faith
- BC teaching certification
- an understanding of BC’s competency-focused curriculum
- a commitment to designing instruction and activities for diverse learners
To apply, please forward the following by March 9, 2021:
- letter of introduction & résumé, including contact information for 3 references
- statement of faith
Priority consideration will be given to applications received by March 9; the posting will remain open until the position is filled.
Application materials should be sent to Lorna Herzog (Principal) via snail mail or email@example.com
2. Learning Support Services Coordinator (Secondary)
We are accepting applications for a Learning Support Services Coordinator (Secondary). This position is responsible for leadership and supervision of the Secondary School’s Special Education Program and representing the Secondary Learning Support Team on the Education Leadership Team. The range of system (K-12) responsibilities will vary depending on the background of the successful applicant.
This position is salaried, full-time, and commences at the beginning of the 2021/2022 school year.
SKILLS and EXPERIENCE
- Current (or eligible for) BC Teacher Certification.
- Evidence of commitment to the Christian Faith.
- Experience as a special education specialist.
- Strong learning support teaching background and practical experience with inclusive practices.
- Strong managerial skills and financial/budget experience.
- Display exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Experience designing and leading professional development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to think critically, collaborate with stakeholders and solve complex problems.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the Ministry of Education policy and procedure requirements.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the Ministry of Education funding guidelines and categories for children with special needs (funded/non-funded)
- Experience working with child support agencies.
- Demonstrate the ability to respect confidential information of students and parents discretely and professionally.
- Evidence of courage, integrity, transparency, and honesty in relationships
Please send resume, covering letter, Statement of Faith and Philosophy of Christian Education to:
DARREN LEWIS, SUPERINTENDENT
Pacific Christian School
Preference will be given to applications received prior to February 26, 2021.
Interview candidates will be contacted on February 26 and following.