The Pacific Christian School community includes approximately 900 students and over 140 staff on two campuses in one of Canada’s most beautiful communities.
Pacific Christian School seeks to create a community characterized by the presence of Shalom. That is a place where students, staff and others flourish as they are active participants in God’s story. Our mission is to nurture students in Christ-like living, critical thinking and joyful service to be faithful citizens in God’s world.
Our work is guided by our Guiding Education Principles:
We believe that Christian Education at PCS should be:
- Rooted in Belonging.
- and Service Oriented.
We are looking for part and full-time Educational Assistants at the elementary and secondary campus. We also require more on-call Educational Assistants.
Students at Pacific Christian School have diverse learning and care needs. Educational Assistants work within the classrooms supporting student success. Some students benefit from direct support, while others do better with a more indirect approach. Sensitivity and flexibility are essential qualities to ensure student success. An understanding of Google Read and Write and comfort with technology is a definite asset.
Successful completion of a Teacher Assistant Certificate Program, an Early Childhood Education Program, a Community Support Worker Program or a combination of relevant training and experience.
Pacific Christian School is a faith-based school and all staff support the faith formation of students. If you have a vibrant Christian faith and are interested in joining our team, please submit the following to:
Elementary School email@example.com
Secondary School firstname.lastname@example.org
- cover letter
- resume with references
- pastor’s letter of reference
- personal statement of faith
Closing Date: June 26, 2020, or until filled
Anticipated Elementary/Middle School Openings 2020-21
PCS is accepting applications for anticipated teaching vacancies at elementary/middle (grades K-7) in the fall 2020.
The teacher we are seeking will:
- possess current British Columbia teacher certification.
- have a vibrant Christian faith and a desire to foster Christian faith formation in young people.
- desire to become an active, contributing, collaborative member of a professional learning community.
- have demonstrated organizational and planning skills, as well as strong written and verbal communication skills with both adults and young people.
- have experience in the following areas:
- employing teaching approaches that are responsive to 21st-century learning needs and best practices
- integrating a Christian worldview in curriculum and pedagogical approach
- Resume – including 3 references
- Teaching /practicum report(s)
- Letter(s) of reference
- Statement of Faith
- Statement of Philosophy of Christian Education
Application materials should be sent to:
Paul Turkin (Principal) email@example.com
Pacific Christian Elementary School