The Pacific Christian School community includes approximately 900 students and over 140 staff on two campuses in one of Canada’s most beautiful communities.
Pacific Christian School seeks to create a community characterized by the presence of Shalom. That is a place where students, staff and others flourish as they are active participants in God’s story. Our mission is to nurture students in Christ-like living, critical thinking and joyful service to be faithful citizens in God’s world.
Our work is guided by our Guiding Education Principles:
We believe that Christian Education at PCS should be:
- Rooted in Belonging.
- and Service Oriented.
Grade 8-12 Math Teacher
We are seeking an innovative and collaborative math teacher for the 2020/21 school year. The position will be 0.7 – 1.0 FTE, grade 8-12 with some flexibility depending on the candidate’s education and experience.
The teacher we are seeking will:
- possess current British Columbia teacher certification
- preferably possess a major or minor degree in mathematics
- have a vibrant Christian faith and a desire to foster Christian faith formation in young people
- desire to become an active, contributing, collaborative member of a professional learning community
- have demonstrated organizational and planning skills, as well as strong written and verbal communication skills with both adults and young people
- have effective interpersonal skills to establish connections with students and parents.
- have experience in the following areas:
- teaching within the subject area in a middle- or high-school setting
- employing teaching approaches that are responsive to 21st-century learning needs and best practices
- integrating a Christian worldview in curriculum and pedagogical approach
- Letter of introduction
- Statement of faith
- Statement of philosophy of Christian education
- Recent teaching evaluation or practicum report
- Contact information for three references. Not all referees need to comment on the same aspects but, taken together, please ensure that the referees are able to comment substantially on your character, Christian faith, teaching ability, and passion for working with young people.
Applications received by Monday, July 20 will receive priority consideration.
Application materials and enquiries should be sent to:
Lorna Herzog (Principal)
We are looking for part and full-time Educational Assistants at the secondary campus. We also require more on-call Educational Assistants.
Students at Pacific Christian School have diverse learning and care needs. Educational Assistants work within the classrooms supporting student success. Some students benefit from direct support, while others do better with a more indirect approach. Sensitivity and flexibility are essential qualities to ensure student success. An understanding of Google Read and Write and comfort with technology is a definite asset.
Successful completion of a Teacher Assistant Certificate Program, an Early Childhood Education Program, a Community Support Worker Program or a combination of relevant training and experience.
Pacific Christian School is a faith-based school and all staff support the faith formation of students. If you have a vibrant Christian faith and are interested in joining our team, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org :
- cover letter
- resume with references
- pastor’s letter of reference
- personal statement of faith
Open until filled