International Tuition Grid
Please click here for an overview of the 2023/24 International Tuition Rates.
Tuition at Pacific Christian School is determined by a family’s immigration status. Please note that all students in their first year will be charged as Category 1, regardless of their immigration status.
- International students who have a Study Permit and are either living with their parent(s) or in a homestay pay the full International tuition (see above).
- International students who are Canadian Citizens/Permanent Residents but whose parents do not reside in the Province of British Columbia will pay the full international tuition (see above).
Category 2 – Funded International
- International students whose parents have a Work or Study permit and reside in the Province of British Columbia will pay the International Tuition rate less the Provincial Government grant (the 2020/21 grant was $4,535).
- Must meet requirements for length of work or study permit in order to receive a government grant for child’s tuition.
- First year registrants must pay the registration fee of $300. This fee must be included at the time of registration. Registrations will not be considered if this fee has not been paid.
- All new students are required to attend the New Student Orientation Program, which is offered in August. The fee for this program is $2,000.
- All new students in grades 8-12 are required to pay for one level of on-line ESL Instruction. The fee for one level is $850. If an additional level of on-line ESL is required, students will be invoiced when they are ready to begin the next level.
- Like all students at Pacific Christian School, if a student is involved in special programs such as extra-curricular sports, outdoor education programs or special school trip, i.e. ski trip, Missions Mexico, Japan or France, the student will be asked to pay the additional expenses.
Notes about Tuition Payments
- All returning students are required to pay the full tuition prior to May 1 in order to secure a place in the school for the upcoming year.
- All new students are required to pay the full tuition before official documents are sent.
- Cheques or Bank Drafts are to be made payable to Pacific Christian School. For both wiring of money and cheques, please make sure you indicate your child/ren’s name(s) clearly. Bank details for the purpose of Wire Transfers will be included on the tuition invoice.
If a student decides not to attend or leaves the PCS International Student Program, only a portion of the paid tuition fee will be refunded. The only exception is when a visa or study permit is denied (see #1 below). In all cases, the registration fee will be retained to cover administrative expenses. The following refund policy will apply for each school year for which a student is registered.
- Full refund if the student authorization is not approved (original copy of rejection letter from the Embassy required).
- If the student withdraws prior to the date of attendance (first day he/she attends classes), two-thirds of the tuition is refundable.
- If the student withdraws within one month after his/her first day of classes, half of the tuition is refundable.
- No refund of fees after one month of attendance at school.
- No refund is given if a student is dismissed from school due to a serious violation of school rules, an academic or behavioural contract or if vital information has been withheld in the application.
Note About Status Change: If a student’s status changes from a Temporary Resident to a Permanent Resident, the tuition is not affected until the following school year. Refunds mid-year due to gaining Permanent Resident status are not provided.